by Coy Holcombe.
Please forgive the formatting issues. I wrote this blog in Word and Moodle seems to have a very difficult time with the bullets.
EISD will be dismissing classes two hours early today. There will be no school Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Classes will resume Monday, December 1, at regular times.
Thanksgiving is meant to be a time of reflection and a time for expressing our gratitude. There are certainly many things for which I am thankful. With that, here is my list:
· I am thankful for a maintenance and custodial staff that takes great pride in how our buildings look and takes great pride in providing the best learning environment possible for our students.
· I am thankful for a transportation department that everyday gets about 1000 of our students safely to school and safely home in the afternoon.
· I am thankful for our security and safety personnel.
· I am thankful for a cafeteria staff that can serve about 1300 meals a day to our students and staff in about a 3 hour period.
· I am thankful for a technology department that spends countless hours maintaining and improving our network and equipment.
· I am thankful that we have instructional aides that will do whatever it takes to help our teachers and to help our students.
· I am thankful for great central administration employees. Laurie Boerner, Debbie Myers, Joyce Hodge, Debra Meyners, Kara Weaver, and Carol Warren are all true professionals.
· I am thankful for our administration: Janice Beasley, Stan Sowers, Karyn Mullen, Robert Reeve, Dianne Shaffer, Marcy Warren, Dale Burke, and Shelby Adams.
· I am thankful for great cheerleader sponsors and for having the best cheerleaders in this area.
· I am thankful for a great band and great band directors.
· I am thankful for our new Technology Integration Specialists.
· I am thankful for the parents, grandparents, and other friends and relatives that devote so much time and energy to our children’s lives.
· I am thankful for coaches that believe our athletes can be successful, have high expectations for our athletes, and provide our athletes with the teaching, training, and motivation to be successful.
· I am thankful to the teachers for believing in our students and for their tireless efforts in providing our students with a world-class education.
· I am thankful to our school board for their time and commitment in providing leadership and direction for our district: Diane Russ, Thomas Frazier, Sara McAtee, Mike Smith, Cotton Walker, James Cox, and Gary Walsh.
· I am thankful for being associated with the greatest students in the state of Texas.
· I am thankful for being blessed with a great family.
· I am thankful that my daughters have the opportunity to attend school in EISD.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.