by Coy Holcombe.
Tonight, the EISD Board of Trustees will meet in regular session starting at 7:00 PM. The meeting will take place in the High School Library. A couple of notes about agenda items:
- Nathan Cason, 8th grader at Eustace Middle School, will receive a proclamation from the Board congratulating him on winning the MathCounts art statewide competition.
- The Board will be recognized as part of School Board Appreciation Month. Each campus has prepared special presentations for the Board.
- Our technology people will be at the Board meeting to discuss netbooks. Netbooks are ultra-portable computers that are smaller than conventional laptops. The district has purchased small quantities of these computers for use at the various campuses.
- The 2009-2010 school calendar will be considered.
- The audit for the 2007-2008 school year is on the agenda; however, the final reports will not be available until February. The audit will be presented to the Board then.
I encourage everyone to come out and show your appreciation for the Board tonight. Our Board Members are: