by Coy Holcombe.
At their regular monthly board meeting last night, the EISD Board of Trustees took the following action:
- Heard and approved the 2007-2008 audit report. J.W. Lambright, CPA with Smith, Lambright and Associates discussed the audit report and findings with the Board.
- Approved a waiver request for a modified schedule for TAKS testing days and for early release days.
- Approved participation int he Optional Flexible Year Program for 2009-2010.
- Approved an agreement with Smith, Lambright and Associates for audit services for the 2008-2009 school year.
- Approved certification of the new textbook selections for the 2009-2010 school year.
- Approved moving the date of the March regular board meeting from March 17 to March 1
- Approved additions to the substitute list
- Approved contracts for the following personnel:
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
- Athletic Director
- Director of Special Programs
- Campus Principals
Today, the Bulldog soccer teams will be in action against Chapel Hill. The first game will get underway at 5:30. Also, the girls softball teams will be playing at Eustace this afternoon. The games are scheduled to begin at 5:00. Finally, the boys baseball teams travels to Grand Saline today: start time for those games is 5:00.
The basketball playoff game will be played Tuesday, February 24. Tip off will be at 7:30. The game will be played at either Rockwall High School or Rockwall Heath High School. We will know the location on Monday.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.