by Coy Holcombe.
Last night the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees met for their regular monthly meeting. During the meeting, the board:
- Presented proclamations to the Ag Mechanics Show Team for their success at the San Antonio Show and to Kortni Harris, 4th grade teacher, for being selected as the East Texas State Fair Elementary Teacher of the Year.
- Approved the minutes from the previous meetings.
- Heard and approved the financial reports from February.
- Heard reports on PaySchools, the Optional Flexible Year Program for 09-10, the percent of economically disadvantaged students in area districts, and election costs.
- Reviewed changes to the Cheerleader Constitution
- Approved May 7, 2009 as the date for the Annual Employee Appreciation Banquet
- Heard reports from campus principals on the ISS programs. Additional data will be presented at future board meetings.
- Voted for Region VII ESC Board Members
- Heard an update on enrollment and attendance (the enrollment was up for the first time in several months)
- Approved contracts for teachers and other non-teaching professionals (such as librarians, counselors, and assistant principals)
I want to thank the parents that showed up last night to support the ag mechanics students.
The track meet scheduled for last night was canceled. The baseball and softball tournaments have been completely canceled.
Softball starts district play next Tuesday and baseball starts district next Friday.
Soccer has their last game of the season tonight at Chapel Hill.
I hope everyone has a safe, enjoyable, and restful spring break.