by Coy Holcombe.
Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting in the High School Library. A summary of meeting is below:
- Viewed video of the cheerleading camp attended by our varsity cheerleaders. Sandy Sowers, cheerleading sponsor, thanked the Board for their support. Several cheerleaders were also in attendance.
- Reviewed and approved minutes from June Board meeting.
- Heard, reviewed, and approved the financial reports from June.
- Heard reports on several different subjects (please see yesterday’s posting for all the topics).
- Approved the Student Code of Conduct for the 09-10 school year. The Board reviewed the Student Handbook for the 09-10 school year.
- Approved the purchase of 600 netbook computers for the 09-10 school year.
- Approved the addition of an inclusion teacher position. This position will be paid for out of special education stimulus funds.
- Approved the alternative education program as presented, the addition of an aide position for this program, and the purchase of 15 licenses for Educate 2020 software to be used in the alternative education program and the disciplinary alternative education program.
- Approve revisions to the EIC(Local) policy.
- Approved revisions to the EIF(Local) policy.
- Approved tax refund.
- Approved the bid submitted by Pro Tech Track and Tennis of Tyler to resurface the track.
- Approved the purchase of Springboard math materials.
- Approve the proposal from Kirby Restaurant Supply for 2 washers and one dryer in the new competition gym.
- Approved the bid submitted by EasTexas Agency of Athens and Trident Insurance for property, liability and vehicle insurance for the 09-10 school year.
- Accepted the resignations of the following employees: Christine Grasser, Shelley Blankenship, Patricia Fields, David Beverly, and Debbie Ramoz.
- Employed the following personnel: Ray Sawyer, Jim Taylor, Haley Lane, Kenneth Carpenter, Donna Chiles, Robyn Culp, Mark Farrell, Lindsey Spivey, & Aimee Johnson.
- Adjourned the meeting at 10:42 PM.