by Coy Holcombe.
Last night, the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees met for a public hearing on the budget and tax rate and held their regular monthly meeting. The budget and tax rate hearing started at 6:30 followed immediately by the regular board meeting.
The proposed budget and tax rate were reviewed by the board during the public hearing. This year’s budget will be slightly less than last year’s budget. The proposed tax rate is exactly the same as last year’s tax rate. Because this was a public hearing, no formal action was taken on either the budget or the tax rate.
Board President Diane Russ called the regular meeting to order at 7:05 PM. Among the items reviewed and considered by the Board were:
- Request for transfer from a parent
- Monthly Board Reports
- Reports on the 2008-2009 accountability ratings and 2008-2009 AYP ratings.
- Report on the Carl Perkins Grant for 09-10.
- Report on Pre-K grant for 09-10.
- 08-09 Audit letter from TEA
- Property, vehicle and liability insurance for the 09-10 school year. The Board approved Texas Schools Cooperative’s proposal for this insurance.
- Reviewed workers’ compensation insurance proposals for 09-10. The Board approved the proposal submitted by the Texas Association of School Boards.
- Reviewed and approved changes in the substitute pay scale for 09-10.
- Reviewed and approved changes to DEC, EIC and EIF Local Policies.
- Discussed and approved repairs for the football field.
- Employed Brennan Popham as an aide at the Primary School.
- Approved the substitute list as presented.
- Approved a teacher pay raise of $875 as specified by the guidelines set forth in HB 3646.
- Approved the requested student transfer
- Adjourned at 9:24 PM.
We enjoyed a great first day back yesterday. I want to thank Sandy Sowers and the varsity cheerleaders for their performance at our general meeting yesterday. Also, a special thank you to the food service staff for taking care of the snacks and drinks yesterday.