by Coy Holcombe.
Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees met to hold a public hearing on the FIRST report and to hold its regular monthly meeting. The public hearing on the FIRST report (see yesterday’s entry for a discussion on what FIRST is) started at 6:30 and was adjourned at about 6:45.
The regular board meeting started at 7:00 PM. Below are the items and/or actions taken during the meeting:
- Approved minutes of previous meetings
- Heard and approved the financial reports from August
- Reviewed reports on: Evaluation of the district improvement plan for 08-09; PBMAS Report; Cash Flow for 08-09; PaySchools for August; TEA letter on AP Program
- Approved the district improvement plan for 09-10
- Approved a fuel bid submitted by Borders and Long
- Approved a class size waiver request to be submitted to TEA
- Approved agreement with Certified Payments for credit card tax payments for the 09-10 school year
- Approved a bid for property
- Received an update on enrollment
- Approved the hiring of Michelle Vance as a Headstart Aide at the Primary
- Approved the substitute list as presented.
- Adjourned at 9:19 PM