by Coy Holcombe.
The Eustace varsity volleyball team posted a big win on the road last night in Wills Point. The Lady Bulldogs beat the hosting Wills Point Tigers 3-1 to keep their district record perfect. The Lady Bulldogs are now 6-0 in district play. The freshman and JV volleyball teams both lost hard fought matches to Wills Point. The volleyball teams are in action again on Friday in Canton.
Below are the attendance numbers from the first six weeks.
|Earned (Est.)||Budget||Earned v. Budget|
|High School ADA||421.7931||424.6||-2.8069|
A couple of notes:
- The budget numbers were derived from last year’s actual attendance.
- We had an above average number of students out the first six weeks due to illness.
- While our special education numbers are down slightly from last year, this will have a large impact on our special education funding.
- Our CATE are significantly lower than last year’s.
- The special education and CATE numbers will have a significant impact on our state funding.
- While our ADA is over 30 lower than was budgeted, this will not have as much of an impact on our state funding as the special education numbers and our CATE numbers.
- Our compensatory numbers are up slightly from what was budgeted.
CATE – Career and Technology Education – This corresponds to our ag classes, home economics classes, etc.
Compensatory Education – Based on the number of students receiving free or reduced meals. This number is derived from the average of the six best months of the previous year.
ADA – Average Daily Attendance
During the first six weeks, we had an above average number of students out with illness.