by Coy Holcombe.
The EISD Board of Trustees met in regular session last night. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the HS library. The following items were acted on in last night’s meeting:
- Approved minutes from previous meeting as amended.
- Approved financial reports for February.
- Approved amendments to the Cheerleading Constitution.
- Approved a contract with Discovery Learning for professional development at the MS and HS.
- Approved an agreement with the county to provide service to the parking lots at EISD.
- Approved the adoption of Policy Update 87 (second reading).
- Approved the text book certification.
- Approved the sale of the 1990 Buick Regal and the Austin Western Crane
- Heard on update on enrollment and attendance
- Approved the recommendation for Probationary Teachers, Non-Probationary Teachers, Probationary Non-Teaching Staff, and Non-Probationary Non-Teaching Staff as presented.
- Approved a student transfer request.
All the districts in the state were notified recently of their accreditation rating. According to a TEA press release:
"Most of Texas districts and charters achieved full accreditation status. That is because they earned a rating of Academically Acceptable or higher in the state’s academic accountability system and a Superior Achievement or Above Standard Achievement in the state’s financial accountability system, which is called School Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) for traditional districts."
EISD received a fully accredited rating from TEA. For more information and to view the status of all districts in the state, follow this link: http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/accredstatus/
I hope everyone has a great spring break! Classes will resume on March 22. Also, a reminder that Daylight Savings Time goes into affect this weekend. Remember to "spring forward."