By the Numbers, End of 5th 6 Weeks

by Coy Holcombe.  

 Below are the attendance and budget numbers through the end of the 5th 6 weeks. Our drop in enrollment not only affects our ADA, but as is evident, it affects other components that drive our funding. The good news is that our enrollment has actually increased since February. If we can keep our current enrollment figures, or add even more students through the end of the year, our ADA should increase slightly. This will increase our state funding.

As for the deficit, about 90% of the deficit has been made up through budget adjustments. I am hopeful that the remaining 10% will be made up by decreased spending through the end of this school year.If you have any questions regarding any of the numbers below, or regarding any aspect of the budget, please do not hesitate to contact me at cholcombe@eustaceisd.net.

 

Budget v. Earned End of 5th 6 Weeks      
      Difference
  Earned (Est.) Budget Earned v. Budget
ADA 1373.7415 1415 -41.2585
High School ADA 409.85 424.6 -14.75
SE FTE 45.3811 52.466 -7.0849
Mainstream ADA 47.418 50.272 -2.854
CATE 63.4178 79.437 -16.0192
GT Students 66.6 81.67 -15.07
Comp 1023.2 1007 16.2
Bilingual 10.36 10.1 0.26
       
Reg Block $6,551,138 $6,642,593 -$91,455
SE $984,365 $1,114,165 -$129,800
CATE $443,395 $555,181 -$111,786
GT $41,093 $43,655 -$2,562
Comp $1,059,831 $1,042,648 $17,183
High School Allotment $112,708 $116,765 -$4,057
Bilingual $5,695 $5,229 $466
Trans $139,400 $139,400 $0
Total Tier I $9,337,625 $9,659,636 -$322,011
       
Less Local $4,589,175 $4,558,008 $31,167
       
Tier I $4,748,450 $5,101,628 -$353,178
Tier II $420,997 $453,217 -$32,220
Staff Allotment $50,500 $50,500 $0
  $5,219,947 $5,605,345 -$385,398
Less Available $369,292 $369,292 $0
Less Title XIV $248,624 $248,624 $0
Total Foundation School Fund $4,602,031 $4,987,429 -$385,398
       
Available School Fund $154,614 $154,614 $0
Tech $40,429 $42,456 -$2,027
EDA $13,190 $51,242 -$38,052
Title XIV $463,302 $463,302 $0
       
Total State Aid $5,273,566 $5,699,043 -$425,477

Leave a Reply