by Coy Holcombe.
The EISD Board of Trustees met in regular session last night. The meeting was held in the HS library. The meeting started at 7:00 PM. The items discussed and considered last night included:
- Student Recognitions – The board recognized well over 100 students from all campuses for their achievements during the spring semester.
- Thomas Frazier and Gary Walsh received the Oath of Office for newly elected board members.
- Elected Diane Russ board president, Thomas Frazier, vice president, and Sara McAtee, secretary.
- Approved the minutes of the April 20, 2010 regular board meeting.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Heard general reports on: PaySchools, HCAD budget amendment, Article presented to House Ways and Means Committee on the optional homestead exemption, EISD TAKS scores compared with state, and certified nurses assistant classes to be offered during the 2010-2011 school year.
- Approved technology plan for 2010-2012 and approved upgrades for the district’s network.
- Heard a preliminary report on the 2010-2011 budget.
- Approved Oak Farms Dairy’s bid for milk products, Flowers Bakery’s bid for bread products, and Blue Bell Ice Cream’s bid for ice cream products for he 2010-2011 school year.
- Approved a request for additional summer help for the custodial and maintenance department.
- Approved Region 7 contracts for the 2010-2011 school year.
- Heard and update on attendance and enrollment.
- Accepted resignations of the following professional employees: Mandie Weber, Clint Farrell, Jenna Farrell, Stacey Conway, and Lanette Upchurch.
- Employed the the following as teachers for the 2010-2011 school year: Brent Ragland, HS art teacher & Kris Jones HS social studies and coach.
- Employed the auxiliary personnel as presented.
- Approved student transfers for the 2010-2011 school year.
- Adjourned at 10:52 PM
I want to thank all of the students, parents, other relatives, and staff members for there participation in the recognition at last night’s meeting.