by Coy Holcombe.
On August 17, the EISD Board of Trustees held a budget and tax rate hearing. The hearing started at 6:30 PM. During the hearing the board received information about the proposed budget and proposed tax rate for the 2010-2011 school year. The board reviewed information related to enrollment and attendance, property tax values, bond debts, fund balances, and overall trends in the EISD budget.
Immediately following the budget hearing, the EISD Board held its regular monthly meeting. The following actions occurred on agenda items:
- Approved the minutes of the July regular board meeting.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the 2010-2011 budget as presented.
- Approved the proposed tax rate for the 2010-2011 school year.
- Approved the list of PDAS appraisers as presented.
- Approved a resolution authorizing the execution of an agreement for the Energy Efficiency Grant.
- Approved TASB’s bid for workers compensation insurance for the 2010-2011 school year.
- Approved changes to the class ranking policy and procedures effective for the incoming freshmen in the 2010-2011 school year.
- Employed the following personnel for the 2010-2011 school year: Lea Ann Price, instructional aide, Primary; Joni Hunt, instructional aide, Primary; Lisa Aycock, cook, Primary/Intermediate Cafeteria; and, Traci West, cook, High School Cafeteria
- Extended the contract of the following special education personnel through the 2011-2012 school year: Mack Saxon, special education director; Kathryn Henderson, diagnostician; Sonya Smith, speech therapist; Amy Smith, speech assistant; Carol Graves, VAC/homebound/case manager; D. J. Dean, VI/O & M; and Tiffani Chastant, LSSP
- Approved the substitute list as presented
- Approved the student transfers as presented
I will be detailing the budget and the tax rate in the next few posts.
Have a great weekend!