by Coy Holcombe.
The EISD Board of Trustees held a public hearing and their regular monthly meeting last night. In the public hearing, the board reviewed the FIRST rating and other financial documents as required by state law.
During the regular meeting, the board took action on the following items:
- Approved minutes of the previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved permission for the senior band students' trip. Further information will be furnished to the board in future meetings.
- Approved the District Wide Education Improvement Plan for 10-11.
- Approved a 5 year contract with Dr. Pepper to provide vending services to the district.
- Reviewed Update 88 – first reading
- Approved a class size waiver for kindergarten.
- Nominated Don McAfee for Henderson County Appraisal District Board of Directors.
- Approved additional pre-k class pending verification of students.
- Employed Leslie Jones as an instructional aide at the Intermediate.
- Employed Amy Godair as a pre-k teacher at the Primary.
- Approved the sub list as presented.
- Approved the student transfers as presented.