Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees held a hearing to review the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) result and other financial information. The hearing started at 6:45 and was held in the HS library. For the 09-10 school year, EISD received the FIRST rating of “Superior Achievement”.
At 7:00 PM the EISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. Action items included:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the District Improvement Plan for 2011-2012 as presented by DEIC Chair April Morris.
- Approved a resolution to join the Taxpayer and Student Fairness Association.
- Heard a report on the School Safety Audit conducted during the 2010-2011 school year.
- Accepted the resignation of David Glosup.
- Approved the hiring of Richard Bell as a custodian and Joel Cantrell as a maintenance person.
- Approved the substitute list as presented.
- Approved student transfers as presented.