Although we are well into the second six weeks, I wanted to take this opportunity to update everyone on our numbers after the first six weeks. Below is a chart that compares our actual values to the values on which we built our budget:
|Earned (Est.)||Budget||Earned v. Budget|
|High School ADA||379.379||399.689||-20.31|
|High School Allotment||$104,329||$109,914||-$5,585|
|Total Tier I||$8,857,634||$8,888,028||-$30,394|
|Additional State Aid For Tax Reduction||$390,000||$384,938||$5,062|
|Total Foundation School Fund||$4,180,475||$4,208,421||-$27,946|
|Available School Fund||$339,056||$339,056||$0|
|Total State Aid||$4,519,531||$4,547,477||-$27,946|
A few notes and explanations:
- First, as is evident, we are not currently earning what we budgeted. We have made up for this difference by budget amendments; however, because our enrollment has dropped since the end of the 1st six weeks, we will probably continue to earn less than was budgeted. We have already done additional budget amendments in an attempt to compensate for these differences.
- Second, it needs to be remembered that we are only receiving a portion of the funding that we are earning because of the cuts in funding to all public schools.
- Although our High School ADA differs considerably from what we anticipated, it is not affecting our High School Allotment dramatically (a difference of about $5,600).
- The mainstream ADA is down from last year and that does make a significant difference in what were were projecting in special education funding.
- Recall that the line labeled “Less Local” is dependent on our property values. To determine this figure, the state takes our property value, divides it by 100 and multiplies it by $0.86. So, as our property values rise, our state funding decreases.
- You can see on the line for Technology, that we are not receiving any state aid. The technology allotment has been rolled into the new Instructional Materials Allotment.
As we progress through this school year, I will continue to provide updates on our financial situation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or just come by the administration building.