Today will be an early release day for the district. Buses will run approximately 2 hours early today.
Tonight, the EISD Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing on the Academic Excellence Indicator System report. The public hearing will start at 6:45 PM and will be held in the High School library. During the hearing, the board will review the AEIS reports for the district and campuses. In addition, the board will also receive information about violent and criminal acts, college attendance by EISD graduates, and a report on safe and drug free schools.
Immediately following the hearing, the EISD board will hold its regular monthly meeting. During the meeting, the board will hear the following reports:
- NCLB Maximum Entitlements for 2011-2012
- Annual Highly Qualified Report
- Sheriff’s Sale Property
- Update on Jobs Fund Grant
Action items include the following:
- Receive and approve minutes from previous board meetings.
- Consider financial reports.
- Consider 2011 audit report.
- Review 504 forms and procedures.
- Distribute framework for school board development.
- Consider agreement with Life Touch Photography for the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 school years.
- Consider options regarding End of Course Exams grading policies.
- Review Policy Update 92 – first reading.
- Distribute instrument for superintendent evaluation.
- Update on enrollment.
- Closed meeting – personnel and staffing, & student transfers
- Action on closed meeting items.