The EISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting last night. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the HS library. Before the meeting, in honor of School Board Recognition Month, the board was treated to a meal supplied by the Intermediate School. The Primary School supplied desserts and the Middle School provided hand drawn placemats for the board members. In addition, the High School provided each board member with thank you bag of various items. Each board member was presented a certificate acknowledging their contributions to the district and community. Our board members include:
Diane Russ, President
Thomas Frazier, Vice-President
Gary Walsh, Secretary
Cotton Walker, Board Member
Sonny Hodge, Board Member
Bobby Ashton, Board Member
Board Meeting Business
The board took the following actions during the meeting:
- Approved minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved financial reports from December.
- Approved April 30 for the Employee Appreciation Banquet.
- Accepted the resignation of board member Mike Smith.
- Approved the changes in the Starting Points for EIA(Local), EIC(Local) and the Resolution to Suspend Portions of EIF(Local).
- Approved Policy Update 92 (second reading).
- Approved the employment of Cody Lowe (aide) and Ingrid Casillas (aide).
- Approved the sub list as presented.
- Approved the student transfer list as presented.
- Approved the extension of the superintedent’s contract by one year.
Both the JV girls and JV boys teams won at Buffalo last night. The varsity girls lost a hard fought game and the varsity boys played great defense in posting their second district win in a row.