Eustace Intermediate and Eustace Primary both earned the distinction of being named a Title I, Part A, State Distinguished School for 2011-2012. According to the Texas Education Agency, this designation “recognizes schools that have consistently demonstrated strong academic performance over a three-year period. All of these Title I, Part A schools achieved the Academically Exemplary rating for the present school year and have a residing population of 40% or more low income students – as reported on NCLB Consolidated Application for Federal Funding.”
On the TEA website, it was reported that 501 schools throughout the state earned the Distinguished Performance designation. In order to be considered for this designation, a school had to meet the following criteria:
- Title I, Part A campus in 09-10, 10-11, and 11-12;
- Maintained a campus residing population of 40% or more low-income in 11-12;
- Met AYP in 2010 and 2011;
- Achieved a campus rating in Spring 2011 of Exemplary;
- Achieved a campus rating in Spring of 2010 of either Exemplary or Recognized; and
- Achieved a campus rating in Spring 2009 of either Exemplary or Recognized.
Congratulations to the Intermediate and the Primary for this honor! Special thanks to the staff at both campuses for their hard work and dedication to providing the best education possible to our children. Also, a special recognition goes to the students for all their hard work in achieving this recognition. Finally, a special thank you to the parents and guardians for all their support and help in the education of their children.
Monday – HS track at Elkhart
Tuesday – Soundpost Music Festival at Canton; Baseball v. Scurry-Rosser; Softball v. Leon;
Thursday – End of 5th 6 Weeks; Early release – buses run at 1:30
Friday – School holiday; Baseball at Malakoff; Softball at Teague