The annual Athletic Banquet was held this past Saturday at the First Baptist Church. During the banquet, each sport and the athletes that competed in that sport were recognized. Special awards were also given out during the banquet. Below is a list of the honors announced at the banquet:
- Casey Herring presented EASA scholarships to Ashley Crow and Timothy Gassman.
- Megan Renteria was awarded the TVCC Volleyball Officials Association scholarship.
- Coaches Dottie Hawthorne and Dalinda Cassell were recognized for their work in softball.
- Wendy Renteria and Laura Ward received special recognition for their work in the Athletic Booster Club.
- In volleyball, Casey Bramblitt was named Newcomer of the Year and Catania Grant was named MVP.
- In girls cross country, the Heart Award went to Kara Zimmerer. Megan Gunter received the MVP award.
- In boys cross country, Jason Ballenger received the Heart Award and Evan Arambula received MVP honors.
- In girls basketball, Megan Renteria received Role Player of the Year. The Newcomer of the Year was Casey Bramblitt. The Defensive MVP was Chelsea Oldham and the Offensive MVP was Catania Grant.
- In boys basketball, Josh Dunn received the Bulldog Heart Award. Tyson Oliver was named the Defensive Player of the Year and Kyle Wood was named the Offensive Player of the Year. Jacob McCarter was named MVP.
- In boys golf, Cody Penwarden was named MVP.
- In soccer, Cory Whately was named Newcomer of the Year. The MVP award went to Gavin Kirkhart.
- In baseball, the Offensive Player of the Year was Trevor Lane. The Defensive Player of the Year was Jordan Foote.The MVP was awarded to Tyson Oliver.
- In girls track, the Newcomer of the Year went to Noa Taylor, Madi Allen, and Grace Holcombe. The MVP Award went to Jaci Aiken, Tori Aiken, and Catania Grant.
- In boys track, Cory Whatley received the Bulldog Pride award. The MVP award went to Jacob McCarter.
- Male Athlete of the Year was Jacob McCarter.
- Female Athlete of the Year was Catania Grant.
- The Booster Club Scholarship went to Megan Renteria.
At the end of the banquet, the seniors participated in the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. A video of this ceremony will be on the EISD YouTube channel later today.
I want to thank all of the officers and members of the Athletic Booster Club for all their hard work and long hours this year. A special thank you for a great Athletic Banquet!! Finally, a special thank you to Wendy Renteria and Laura Ward for their service to the Athletic Booster Club.
Primary Field Days – May 22- 24
Monday – Top Ten Banquet
Wednesday – Baccalaureate Service – 7:00 PM – First Baptist Church
Thursday – Early Childhood Graduation
Friday – Right Choice Picnic and Skating – Primary; Perfect Attendance, Right Choice, and All A’s Reward Day – Intermediate
Saturday – Graduation – 10:00 AM E. L. Kirk Gymnasium
Monday, May 28 – Memorial Day Holiday
I hope everyone has a great week!