Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees held a hearing to discuss the proposed budget and proposed tax tax rate for the 2012-2013 school year. The hearing started at 6:30 and was held in the High School library. During the hearing, the board was presented with budget information and tax rate information. The proposed maintenance and operations budget for 2012-2013 was $10,557,527. This represents an increase of approximately $200,000 from last year. The proposed tax rate of $1.27 for 2012-2013 is a slight decrease from the rate of $1.2763 in 2011-2012.
In their regular monthly meeting, the EISD Board of Trustees heard the following reports:
- Adequate Yearly Progress
- Maintenance of Effort
- 2012 Local Education Agency Determination Process
- 2012-2013 UIL Side By Side
- 2011-2012 District Improvement Plan Evaluation
- 2011-2012 Campus Improvement Plan Evaluations
- SAT Scores
The EISD Board of Trustees took the following actions during the meeting:
- Approved the minutes of the previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented
- Approved the 2012-2013 budget as presented.
- Approved the 2012-2013 at $1.27 per $100 valuation. The total tax rate is made up of an M & O rate of $1.04 and an I & S rate of $.23.
- Approved the campus improvement plans as presented.
- Approved the sale of property as presented.
- Reviewed the Food Allergy Plan for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Approved the attendance committees as presented.
- Approved the PDAS appraisers as presented.
- Accepted the resignation of April Morris.
- Employed the following personnel: Jan Cooper, food service; Nicole Moore, custodian; Cheryl McEvoy, custodian; Rick Terrell, maintenance; Robert Raney, custodian; Bruce Russell, part-time maintenance; Kristina Mast, aide; Ashley McCarter, teacher; Pam Glover, teacher;
- Approved the substitute list as presented.
- Approved student transfers as presented.