I hope everyone had a great Spring Break! We are entering the home stretch on the 2012-2013 school year. While we have certainly had a busy year so far, we are entering the part of the year when state testing will start, district UIL competition will take place, and softball, baseball, and track will continue. On top of that, the state legislature will be working to finalize many bills that will impact education and EISD.
Monday – Bulldog Extra – 3:30 – 5:30; Golf at Van Zandt Country Club
Tuesday – Bulldog Extra – 3:30 – 5:30; Kindergarten Family Reading Night; Baseball v. Palmer; Softball at Dallas Life Oak
Wednesday – Bulldog Extra – 3:30 – 5:30; Middle School Track Pictures
Thursday – Bulldog Extra – 3:30 – 5:30; Kindergarten Field Trip to Livestock Show; One Act Play Zone Competition – Kemp; NHS Secret Pal Luncheon; Track at Edgewood
Friday – One Act Play Zone Competition at Kemp; Early Childhood Field Trip to Livestock Show; Deadline for Payments for Senior Ads; Baseball at Malakoff; Softball at Scurry – 6:00
I hope everyone has a great week!
from Uploads by EustaceISD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAoDHfv1OQs&feature=youtube_gdata
Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees met in regular session. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the HS library. Action taken during last night’s meeting included:
- Approved the minutes of the previous meeting.
- Approved the financial report as presented.
- Approved the audit agreement with Smith, Lambright & Associates for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2013.
- Approved the Instructional Materials Allotment and TEKS Certification for 2013-2014.
- Approved the certification of Unopposed Candidates for the school board election.
- Approved the Order of Cancellation for school board election.
- Approved the Sale of Property for lots 109, 110, and 111 in Oak Acres Addition as presented.
- Approved Policy Update 96 as presented.
- Accepted the resignations of Deborah Peterson and Thomas Bailey.
- Approved the employment of Perry Ray as custodian at the Intermediate.
- Approved the recommendations for contracts as presented.
- Approved student transfers as presented.
Next week is Spring Break for the district. There will be no classes March 11 – March 15. Classes will resume at their regular time on Monday, March 18. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Spring Break!
The EISD Board of Trustees will meet in regular session tonight at 7:00 PM in the High School library. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend tonight’s meeting.
The Board will hear the following reports:
- Region VII Board of Directors Election
- Notice of Tax Sale
- Delinquent Tax Roll
- Letter from John Hardy, school attorney, regarding property damages
- States of the 2012-2013 Highly Qualified report
- Update on enrollment and attendance
The Board will consider action on the following agenda items:
- Minutes of previous board meetings
- Financial reports for February
- Agreement with Smith, Lambright, and Associates for Audit Services for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2013
- Instructional Materials Allotment and TEKS Certification for 2013-2014
- Certification of Unopposed Candidates for School Board Election
- Order of Cancellation for School Board Election
- Sale of Property in Oak Acres Addition
- Policy Update 96 – Second Reading
- Action on Closed Session Items
During closed session, the Board will accept resignations, employ personnel, update the substitute list, and consider contracts for probationary teachers, non-probationary (term) teachers, probationary professional non-teaching staff, and non-probationary (term) non-teaching staff. The Board will also consider student transfers.
from Uploads by EustaceISD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0T-JaGnj74&feature=youtube_gdata
from Uploads by EustaceISD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfJQ2fMKE0k&feature=youtube_gdata
Yesterday, Eustace Intermediate students performed their annual musical. A video of the musical will be available on the EISD YouTube page, http://www.youtube.com/eustaceisd, later this morning. I want to thank and congratulate all the students on their great performance. I also want to acknowledge the time and effort put in by the Intermediate staff. A special thank you to Kathy Clardy, Eustace Intermediate music teacher, for all her work in preparing this show. Also, a special thank you to all the parents, grandparents, and other friends and relatives that attended the show.
The Eustace Bulldog Band competed in the UIL Concert and Sight Reading Contest last Thursday in Canton. The band members put in many hours preparing for this contest. The Bulldog Band received a Division II in both the concert portion and the sight reading portion of the contest. You can listen to the audio of the concert contest at this link: www.youtube.com/user/ehsband2011?feature=mhee
Texas Governor Rick Perry has designated March 4 – 8 as Educational Diagnosticians’ Week. Educational diagnosticians are involved in testing students and helping to develop individualized education programs for students. A masters degree program is required to become a diagnostician. EISD is fortunate to have Kathyrn Hendrickson and Claudio Castillo to serve our students in this capacity. Their hard work and dedication to the students of EISD is greatly appreciated.
Today is Texas Digital Citizenship Day. The Texas Association of School Administrators has partnered with Common Sense Media to provide teachers, parents, and students with free resources to increase awareness of what it means to have a good online presence. These resources may be found at www.commonsensemedia.org. Specific activities for Texas Digital Citizenship Day may be found at www.commonsensemedia.org/texas. Materials for parents may be found at http://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/parent-media-education. I encourage everyone to take a few minutes and review the wealth of information available at Common Sense Media.
In addition to our normal activities, this week also includes TAKS Exit Level retests from Monday – Thursday. These retests will only apply to 11th and 12th graders that have not passed one or more TAKS tests. Bulldog Extra will continue from 3:30 – 5:30, Monday – Thursday.
Monday – TAKS Exit Level Retest; Bulldog Extra 3:30 – 5:30; Golf at Creekview; Middle School Track at Scurry
Tuesday – TAKS Exit Level Retest; Bulldog Extra – 3:30 – 5:30; JV & V Baseball v. Mabank – 4:30
Wednesday – TAKS Exit Level Retest; Bulldog Extra – 3:30 – 5:30
Thursday – TAKS Exit Level Retest; Bulldog Extra – 3:30 – 5:30; HS Track at Scurry; Varsity Baseball at Kemp Tournament; School Board Meeting – 7:00 PM, HS Library
Friday – HS Baseball at Kemp Tournament; Softball v. Red Oak Life – 6:00
Saturday – HS Baseball at Kemp Tournament
March 11 – March 15 – Spring Break
I hope everyone has a great week!