The Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held their regularly scheduled monthly meeting last night. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the High School library. Following the call to order, Certificates of Election were presented to the newly elected board members. These members included: Sonny Hodge, Michael Cates, Ashley McKee, and Steven Bell. The oath of office was then administered to the newly elected board members.
Outgoing president, Diane Russ, and outgoing vice president, Thomas Frazier, were recognized and honored for their years of service. Both board members served 15 years on the EISD Board.
The Board then took up the task of reorganizing the board. Gary Walsh was elected as Board president, Michael Cates was elected vice president, and Ashley McKee was elected secretary.
Reporters from the Monitor, Robyn and Ronald Wheeler, were honored with certificates stating that they had been selected to the 2013 Media Honor roll by the Texas Association of School Boards. The reporters were nominated by the EISD Board of Trustees.
Actions taken by the Board included:
- Approved minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved financial reports as presented.
- Approved the Sale of Property in Pete’s Paradise as presented.
- Approved a two-year contract with Edmentum for Plato Course Software.
- Approved the purchase of one special needs bus and one regular route bus.
- Approved the request for Additional Summer Help as presented.
- Approved the Region 7 Contracts for the 2013-2014 school year as presented.
- Accepted the resignations of Hayley Lane, Che Martin, and Debbie Kines.
- Employed Victor Lemley as head boys basketball coach and social studies teacher, Dallas Cox as PPCD teacher, and Wayne Aiken as maintenance/custodial.
- Approved the list of Auxiliary Personnel as presented.
- Approved the list of transfer students for the 2012-2013 school year and approved the student transfer list for 2013-2014 first semester as presented.