Congratulations to the Class of 2013!! Graduation ceremonies were held this past Saturday in the E. L. Kirk Gymnasium for our seniors. As always, we had a great turn out to honor our graduates. I want to say thank you to some people that made this event a great success:
- Jack Wallace and the maintenance and custodial staff went above and beyond in getting the gym set up and ready for graduation. This is not something that just happens the day before graduation. This is almost a week long project that involves getting the floor covered, setting the stage up, bringing chairs from storage and then arranging those chairs on the floor. In addition, the gym was cleaned from top to bottom.
- HIgh School Staff – I want to thank Stan Sowers, Shelby Adams, Gwen Orr, and Phyllis Bice for all the work they put in to making this graduation a great success. Also, a special thank you to the senior sponsors: Jeff Brown, Theresa Tindel, Beth Costlow, Chuck Powers, Heather Holloway, Kathleen Krum, Heath Ragle, and Vikki GoDair. Also a special recognition to Mandy Rolison for a great send off speech for the seniors.
- Transportation Department – Thanks for providing the shuttle vehicles.
- Law Enforcement Agencies – A special thank you to the DPS, Henderson County, and Eustace Police Department for providing security for graduation. Also to our security officers – Haskell Cook and Wade Morton.
- The Eustace Volunteer Fire Department – A special thank you for providing people to help with parking.
- Staff Members – Thanks to all the staff members from all the campuses that came out to be a part of the ceremonies.
- All the parents, grandparents, family and friends that came out to honor the graduates. Thank you for your attendance. None of this would be possible without your help and support.
- EISD Board of Trustees – A very special thank you for giving us the means and resources to provide a first class education for our students and a first class graduation ceremony for our seniors.
- Finally, to the Class of 2013 – You definitely made EISD better. May you continue to enjoy success in whatever you pursue. Always be Bulldog Proud!
This Week – We only have two school days this week and both of those are early release days.
Monday – Early Release; Intermediate Awards Day
Tuesday – Last Day of Classes; Early Release; Intermediate – Big Prize Giveaway/ Money-Aire Championship; Primary – 1st and 2nd Grade Parties
Wednesday – Staff Workday
I hope everyone has a great week.