Last night the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees met in regular session. The meeting was held at the High School library and started at 7:00 PM. At the start of the meeting, the Board recognized the achievements of the Bulldog Band and cross country teams. The band achieved great success during the marching season earning a Division I rating at the Mesquite Marching Festival, placing as the 3rd overall band in the Cedar Creek Marching Festival, earning a Division I in the UIL Regional Marching Contest, and earning a right to compete in the Area Marching Contest. Band directors Todd Felty and Crystal Heidel were in attendance, along with several band members, to receive the award and to talk about the band program.
The Board also honored both the boys and girls cross country teams on their achievements this year. The boys team was district champs, regional champs, and placed 3rd in Conference 2A at the state cross country meet. The girls team was also district and regional champs and were the Conference 2A state champs in cross country. Coaches Josh Sypert and Kenneth Henderson were at the meeting, along with all the cross country runners, to receive the board’s commendation.
Action taken during last night’s meeting included:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved renewing the contract with Life Touch for school portraits through the 2016-2017 school year.
- Approved additional expenses associated with the Texas Tax Payer and Student Fairness Coalition.
- Approved upgrades to the district’s computer labs.
- Approved plans to move and expand the discus and shot put areas.
- Approved the sale of property as presented.
- Accepted resignations from the following employees: Dereck White, Courtnie White, and Tami Smallwood.
- Employed the following personnel: Andrea Williams, ISS Aide at the Middle School; Daria Gillispie, Aide at the Intermediate School; Rebecca McKinness, Aide at Primary School; Stephanie O’Connor, Special Education Teacher at the Middle School; Laurie Watkins, Aide at Primary School; and, Danielle Sirbol, cook at the High School.
- Approved the substitute list as presented.
- Approved student transfers as presented.