A reminder that today is an early out day for EISD. Classes will be dismissed 2 hours early. Also, next week is EISD’s spring break. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable break!
Last night the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the High School library. After the meeting was called to order, the Board was treated by a piano performance from Eustace High School junior, Dane McAfee. Dane recently qualified for state in piano solo. This is the second year that Dane has qualified for state. There is a picture at the bottom of this post of Dane performing.
Actions taken during last night’s Board meeting included:
- Approved minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved a budget figure of $50,000 for Dual-Credit and Career and Technology classes offered through TVCC for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Approved the addition of an inclusion teacher to be split between the Intermediate and Primary and the addition of a full time assistant principal at the Primary for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Approved the purchase of Guided Reading Materials for the 2014-2015 for grades K – 4.
- Approved the audit agreement with Smith, Lambright, and Associates for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2014.
- Approved additions to the substitute list as presented.
- Approved student transfers as presented.
- Approved the list of teacher and other professionals as presented.