Last night, the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees met in regular session. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the High School library. After the call to order, the Board honored several High School accomplishments. First, the Board recognized the students involved in UIL Academic District Championship at the High School. Stan Sowers, High School principal, and Vikki GoDair, High School UIL director, spoke about the students’ accomplishments. Several High School UIL coaches were also introduced. A School Board Proclamation was given to Mr. Sowers and he was presented with the UIL Academic District Championship trophy.
Next, the Board recognized the success of the one act play. This year’s play advanced from zone competition and was selected as the district alternate advancing play at the district competition. One act play directors Tammy Beaty and Calvin Kennedy were also introduced and spoke about the play. The Board presented the one act play cast and crew with a proclamation.
Finally, the Board recognized the accomplishments of the cast and crew of the short narrative film, Beyond Words. This film was directed, written, and produced by Eustace High School student, Nicholas Caldwell. It has been selected as a state finalist in the first ever UIL Young Film Makers Festival. It will be shown today, along with all of the other final films, and the top three films will be announced. Delaney Worth, Tammy Beaty, and Calvin Kennedy were also recognized for their work as the film’s cast. The cast and crew of the film received a proclamation from the Board.
The Board took the following actions at last night’s meeting:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings
- Approved the financial reports as presented
- Certified the superintendent as representative to the Regional Advisory Committee for ESC 7
- Rejected all bids on a property in Cherokee Shores
- Approved the changes to the graduation requirements as presented
- Approved changes to policy EIF(Local) as presented
- Accepted resignations from Lauri Watkins, Primary aide, Taressa Charlton, High School aide, Dottie Hawthorne, Middle School teacher and coach, and Doug Holloway, High School teacher and coach.
- Approved the employment of the following personnel: Deanna Haynes as assistant principal at the Primary, Lloyd Mahaffey as head girls basketball coach and teacher at the High School, Pat Frazier as High School English teacher, Florence Ferrell as inclusion teacher at the Primary and Intermediate, Jessica Sanchez as custodian at the Middle School, and Christopher Nieves as maintenance worker.
- Approved the additions to the substitute list as presented
- Approved the student transfers as presented
- Approved extending the employment of the Auxiliary Directors, Professional Employees, and Paraprofessional Employees as discussed.