Last night, the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees met for their regular monthly meeting. The meeting was held in the HS library and started at 7:00 PM. Before any action items were discussed, the Board issued commendations to the Eustace FFA program for all their successes throughout the year, especially at the Henderson County Livestock Show. Theresa Tindel, Ag Science Teacher, spoke about many of the awards that the Eustace program received at Henderson County. Mrs. Tindel also introduced the FFA officers for next year. Some of the many awards received throughout the year were on display for the Board to view. A picture of these awards is posted at the end of this entry.
Madi Allen was also honored by the Board for her accomplishments in track. Madi was the Area and Regional champion in the 300m hurdles. She placed 4th at the state track meet as a junior.
The Board took the following actions during last night’s meeting:
- Approved the minutes of the previous meeting.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved a new 59 month energy contract with Hudson Energy. The new contract will save the district up to $60,000 annually in electricity costs.
- Approved the request for additional summer help as presented.
- Approved joining the TIPS Purchasing Co-op
- Approved replacing HVAC units at the Middle School and approved the repair of the Middle School roof.
- Approved the bid for property.
- Approved changes to Local Policy FFC
- Approved Local Policy Update 99 on second reading.
- Accepted the resignations of the following employees: Haskell Cook, Ricky Rodriguez, Tiffany Miley, and Gregg Pruitt
- Approved the employment of the following personnel: Gary Jackson, maintenance; Leslie Cody, Head Start aide; Laci Taliaferro, Head Start Aide; Richard Gaddis, security officer; Veronica Gunderson, 2nd grade teacher; Lauri Steward, HS business teacher; Rachal Killian, HS science teacher; Steven Stegall, HS Ag Science teacher
- Approved the employment of auxiliary staff as presented.
- Accepted the list of transfers for the 13-14 and 14-15 school years.