Last night, the Middle School and High School held their annual awards night. Many students from both campuses received many different types of honors. I want to congratulate all of those students that received awards. Also, I want to thank all of the family and friends who came out to support the students. At the end of this post, there are some pictures from the HS awards.
As you know, Angel Baker qualified for the state UIL academic meet in the Lincoln-Douglas Debate. While she did not place at the state meet, it does not diminish her accomplishment at all. Below is some information about Angel’s accomplishments this year from her debate coach, Anna Rhea:
Here are a few little known facts:
- This was Angel’s first year at District (1st place), Regional (3rd place), and State (top 12)
- She debated for a combined total of 12 hours at the above levels
- She debated 24 hours in tournaments throughout the year
- At Regional, she began the day at 8 AM and finished competing at 5 PM. During this time:
- she managed 45 minutes break (her only break that day) for lunch and competed in persuasive speaking (missed advancing by one)
- She is qualified to apply for TILF scholarships – so far we have found $12,000 in possible scholarship money next year!
Congratulations to Angel and to Mrs. Rhea on a very successful year!
A reminder that we have a holiday on Monday, May 26. There will be no classes in observance of Memorial Day. I hope everyone has a great weekend!