Last night, the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the HS library.
The Board presented a Board Commendation to Angel Baker for her accomplishments in Lincoln-Douglas Debate. Angel placed first at district, 3rd at regional, and was a state qualifier in the event.
A picture of the special award for Jack Wallace, EISD director of maintenance, is at the end of this entry.
The Board heard the following reports:
- RevTrak Report
- 2014-2015 Perkins Planning Amounts
- Van Zandt CAD 2015 Proposed Budget
- Henderson CAD 2015 Proposed Budget
- 2014 Platinum Leadership Circle Award
- Texas Municipal Report
- Rider 71 – Temporary TRS Contribution Assistance
- STAAR/EOC Results
- Update on Title I and Title II Planning Amounts
- Local Education Agency Determination Process
- Reports from campuses on Reading Programs for 2014-2015
- Update on attendance and enrollment
The Board took the following actions at last night’s meeting:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved up to $85,000 for technology upgrades in the district.
- Approved changing the date of the July regular board meeting from Tuesday, July 15 to Tuesday, July 22.
- Approved the purchase of two new buses for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Approved the ESC Region 7 contracts for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Approved endorsing Ted Beard from Longview ISD to the Region 7 TASB Board of Directors.
- Approved the District Investment Policy as presented
- Accepted the resignations of Michael Rowley and Chris Lowry.
- Employed Holly Johnston, custodian; Stephen Tardiff, HS teacher/coach; Brandon Grayson, MS teacher/coach; Cody Lowe, MS teacher; Tiffany Miley, PS teacher.
- Approved the student transfers as presented
- Approved the salary recommendations for 2014-2015 as presented