Last night, the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held a public hearing to discuss the 2014-2015 budget and tax rate and also held their regular monthly meeting. The public hearing started at 6:30 and was held in the HS library. The Board received information about the property values of the district and how that would impact the I & S tax rate for the upcoming year. The Board also reviewed information about estimated state aid to be received in 2014-2015. Since this was a hearing, no action was taken on the budget or the tax rate.
Following the conclusion of the public hearing, the Board held their regular monthly meeting. The meeting started at approximately 7:05 and was held in the HS library. The EISD Board took the following actions at the meeting:
- Reorganized the Board Officers as follows: Gary Walsh – President; Ashley McKee – Vice President; Bobby Ashton – Secretary
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the 2014-2015 budget as presented.
- Adopted a tax rate of $1.04 for maintenance and operations and $0.1915 for interest and sinking (debt payment) for a total tax rate of $1.2315 for the 2014-2015 school year. This represents a decrease in the overall tax rate of $0.0349 from the previous year.
- Accepted the bid from Texas Schools Cooperative for property, liability, and vehicle insurance as presented.
- Approved the District Improvement Plan for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Approved Attendance Committees as presented.
- Approved the PDAS Appraisers as presented.
- Approved the employment of Coressa Durnell, as teacher at the Primary campus; Brenda Gilbreath as instructional aide at the Middle School campus; and, Tessa Nevile as instructional aide at the High School campus.
- Approved the substitute list as presented.
- Approved the student transfers as presented.