Last night, the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. Before the meeting, the Board was honored with a dinner in recognition of School Board Appreciation Month. All of the campuses participated in honoring our Board members. The Intermediate provided the main course of taco soup, the Primary provided a selection of desserts, the Middle School provided the decorations for the tables, and the High School provided each Board member with a “goody” bag of various items. The Board members were also presented with a certificate honoring their work and dedication to the students, staff, and community.
During the meeting, the Board took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved a resolution calling for a School Board Election on May 9, 2015.
- Approved a contract with the City of Eustace for the School Trustee General Election.
- Accepted the Resignation of Robyn Culp.
- Employed Brandi Burleson as a night custodian at the Intermediate and Sandra Adcock as a cook at the Primary Cafeteria.
- Approved the sub list as presented.
- Approved the student transfer list as presented.
- Extended the superintendent’s contract by one year.
- Appointed Jimmy Kirkhart to the Board to fill the vacant Place 5 position.