Last night, the senior boys basketball players and senior boys cross country runners were recognized. Chad Tindel and Hudson Mahaffey were honored as senior basketball players. Preston Shwartz, Mark Zimmerer and Hunter Norris were honored as senior cross country runners. Videos of the recognitions will be uploaded to the Eustace ISD YouTube page later today. Below is a picture of Chad and Hudson (I do not have pictures of the cross country runners, yet). On behalf of EISD, I want to thank Chad, Hudson, Preston, Hunter, and Mark for representing our district with Pride, Poise, Discipline, and Class.
Board Meeting Last Night
The Eustace ISD School Board held their regular monthly meeting last night. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the HS library.
Newly appointed board member, Jimmy Kirkhart, was sworn in at the beginning of the meeting. A picture of Mr. Kirkhart being sworn in is at the end of this post.
The Board took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of the previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the 2015-2016 school calendar as presented.
- Approved the State Waivers for 2015-2016 as presented.
- Certified the superintendent to the Regional Advisory Committee for Region 7.
- Approved a resolution to support HB 384 – Related to Child Safety Zones
- Approved moving the March 17, 2015 school board meeting to Thursday, March 5, 2015.
- Accepted the resignation of Jodi Cates, aide at the Primary.
- Approved the employment of: Jeremy Stone, cook at Primary; Brandy Calloway, cook at High School; Sandra Thorn, cook at High School.
- Approved the transfer list as presented.
- Approved the contracts for assistant superintendent, athletic director, director of special programs, and all campus principals as presented.
- Approved the substitute list as presented.