Last night the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the HS library.
Certificates of Election were presented to Board Members Cotton Walker, Bobby Karl Ashton, Steven Bell, and Jimmy Kirkhart. These Board Members also took the oath of office.
In the next part of the meeting, numerous students were recognized from throughout the District for various accomplishments. There was a standing room only crowd during the recognition portion. I want to thank all the parents, grandparents, and other relatives and friends for coming out to support our students. I also want to congratulate and thank all of the students that earned recognition for their hard work and accomplishments.
The Board took the following actions during last night’s meeting:
- Approved financial reports as presented.
- Approved the hiring of additional summer help as presented.
- Approved the Breakfast and Lunch prices for the 2015-2016 school year. The only change will be that Middle School and High School lunches will increase from $2.25 to $2.50.
- Approved a waiver request for missed instructional days.
- Approved the resolution to create a police force at Eustace ISD.
- Approved the local Policy and Procedures Manual for the Police Department at EISD.
- Approved Local Policy CKE regarding police policy in the District.
- Approved the list of Region 7 Education Service Center contracts for 2015-2016.
- Approved Local Policy Update 102
- Approved the re-employment of Auxiliary Staff as presented.
- Approved transfer recommendations as presented.