Tonight the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing on 2015-2016 budget and tax rate. The hearing will start at 6:30 and be held in the HS library. The Board will review several pages of items related to the 15-16 budget and tax rate. The current proposed M & O budget is $12.2 million and the current proposed tax rate is $1.2315, the same as in 2014-2015. The hearing will take about 30 minutes to complete. No action will be taken during the hearing regarding either the tax rate or the budget.
At 7:00 PM, the Board will hold its regular monthly meeting. The meeting will take place in the HS library. During the meeting the Board will hear the following reports:
- 14-15 District Improvement Plan Evaluation
- District Accountability Summary
- Campus Accountability Summary
- Notice of Sheriff’s Sale
- Report on Preliminary FIRST Rating
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- TEA District Distinction
- Employee Handbook
The Board will consider action on the following items:
- Approve minutes of previous meetings
- Financial Reports
- 2015-2016 Budget
- 2015-2016 Tax Rate
- Purchase of New Vehicle for District Use
- Adjustment to Compressed Tax Rate
- Ag Science Building Drawings
- Bid for forklift
- Fuel Bids
- Participation in Community Eligibility Provision
- Sale of Property
- Approval of District Improvement Plan for 2015-2016
- Attendance Committees
- PDAS Appraisers
The Board will enter closed session to discuss personnel issues and student transfers. Any action taken on a closed meeting item will be made in open session.
Everyone is encouraged to attend the board hearing and the regular board meeting.
There is a dual volleyball match here today against Kemp and Edgewood. Games will start at 5:00. Varsity will play in Kirk Gym, JV A will play in MS front gym and JV B will play in MS back gym.
A reminder that tomorrow is Fish Camp from 1:00 – 3:45.