A quick reminder that our High School volleyball teams travel to West Rusk for a district contest today. The games are set to start at 4:30.
The Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held a public hearing and the regular monthly board meeting last night. The public hearing started at 6:45 and was held to discuss the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) annual report. The Board had an opportunity to review the FIRST rating for 2014-2015 and the other disclosures required at the hearing. For 2014-2015, EISD had a perfect score on FIRST.
Following the FIRST hearing, the Board held its regular monthly meeting. The Board took the following actions at the meeting:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the Campus Improvement Plans for 2015-2016.
- Approved the Sale of Property as presented.
- Approved the purchase of a vehicle for Eustace ISD Police Department.
- Approved casting all four votes for T. A. Hale in the Van Zandt County Appraisal District election.
- Accepted the retirement letter from Dr. Mack Saxon, Special Services Director, effective January 31, 2016.
- Approved the employment of Cynthia Nieves as Middle School Night Custodian; Amy Strange, Special Needs Bus Driver; Lisa Anthony, Special Needs Aide at Primary; and, Jody Shue, maintenance.
- Approved the transfer list as presented.
- Approved the substitute lists as presented.