The teams from Eustace totally dominated the district cross country meet yesterday! To start the meet, the varsity girls team placed first in their division, scoring only 20 points overall! Chanda Westbrooke was the varsity girls district champion!
The varsity boys were led by Ericson Goodjohnson who was overall district champ. The varsity boys did something that I have never seen done at a district meet: the seven runners from Eustace placed 1-7!! Needless to say, the varsity boys had a perfect score!
The Eustace JV girls and JV boys also both turned in perfect scores in their divisions!
The Middle School girls placed 5 out of the top 6 to capture their district championship. The Middle School boys closed out the sweep by also winning the district championship.
In all, Eustace had 6 district championship teams and had 6 individual district champions! Congratulations to all the runners on their performances at the district meet. Also, congratulations to the cross country coaches: Josh Sypert, head coach; Kenneth Henderson, assistant coach; and, David Sutton, Middle School coach. A special thank you to all the parents, grandparents, friends, and students that came out to support our runners yesterday.
The regional cross country meet will be held in Huntsville on October 26. More details will soon follow.
Board Meeting Last Night
Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. The Board took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Heard a report on the Texas Language Proficiency Assessment System results from assistant superintendent, Janice Beasley.
- Approved an agreement with the County to ask for assistance in constructing a road from the football field parking lot to the transportation facility.
- Appointed James Beverly as Integrated Pest Management Coordinator and Asbestos Coordinator for the district.
- Received an update on attendance and enrollment in the district.
- Considered the first reading of Policy Update 103.
- Approved employment of the following personnel: Mona Thomas, Middle School ISS Aide; William Wright, Custodian; Darrela Maltos, Cook.
- Approved the Substitute List as presented.
- Approved Student Transfers as presented.