Last night, the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the High School library. In celebration of School Board Recognition Month, before the meeting started, the Board enjoyed a meal prepared by the Intermediate School, desserts prepared by the Primary School, decorations prepared by the Middle School, and goody bags provided by the High School. During the meeting, each Board Member received a certificate thanking them for their dedication to the students of EISD.
The EISD Board of Trustees:
Gary Walsh, President
Ashley McKee, Vice President
Bobby Ashton, Secretary
Cotton Walker, Member
Sonny Hodge, Member
Steven Bell, Member
Jimmy Kirkhart, Member
During the meeting, the Board heard the following reports:
- RevTrak Report
- TVCC Costs for Fall 2015
- Date of Employee Appreciation Banquet – April 25, 2016
- Update on Ag Science Building
- Enrollment & Attendance
The Board took action on the following items:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the new color for the Administration Building roof.
- Approved using up to $17,000 of Title I and Title II funds for technology.
- Approved the design of the new electronic sign and requested estimates and proposals.
- Approved the changes to FFA(Local)
- Approved the employment of Christina Galvan, Food Service and Brett Powers, Diagnostician for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Approved the Substitute List as presented.
- Approved the Transfer List as presented.
- Reviewed the evaluation of the superintendent and extended by one year the superintendent’s contract.