Congratulations to Sunni Goodell on winning the Girls Powerlifting State Championship in her class!! Sunni lifted a total of 1,040 pounds at the state meet! Congratulations also go out to Marshalla Padgett on placing 3rd in her class at the Girls Powerlifting State Championship! Raini Goodell and Ashley Purselley also participated in the state meet. Raini placed 8th in the state in her class and Ashley placed 11th in state in her class. Overall, just an outstanding performance by these young ladies!! See pictures below:
Congratulations also go out to the Bulldog Baseball Team on their district win against Frankston on Friday. The Bulldogs won 9-8.
The varsity boys track team placed 1st at the Avon Rice track meet in Rains last Thursday. The varsity boys scored 140 points in a very competitive meet that ended with a fantastic finish in the 4 x 400 meter relay. The JV boys finished in 2nd place overall and the JV girls finished in 2nd place as well.
A reminder that this is a four day week. School will be out Friday in observance of the Good Friday Holiday.
Monday – Dual Track Meet with Malakoff in Eustace – 4:30; Board Meeting 7:00 PM – High School Library
Tuesday – Kindergarten Family Reading Night; JV & V District Softball at Mildred – 5:00; JV & V Baseball at Mildred 5:00
Wednesday – Middle School Concert Contest at Canton; NHS Secret Pal Luncheon
Thursday – JV & V Softball at Troup – 5:00; Varsity Baseball at Troup – 6:30; High School Track at Sunnyvale
Friday – Good Friday Holiday
The Eustace ISD Board of Trustees will hold its regular monthly meeting tonight at 7:00 PM in the HS library. The Board will hear the following reports:
- RevTrak Report
- 2015-2016 Tax Rates of Area Schools
- Notification of the Cancellation of Region 7 Board of Directors Election
- Enrollment and Attendance Reports
- The Board will also tour the greenhouses at the High School and hear reports from Chuck Powers and students on the greenhouses.
The Board will consider possible action on the following items:
- Minutes of Previous Meetings
- Financial Reports
- Certification and dual credit classes for 2016-2017
- Agreement with Smith, Lambright, & Associates for the 2015-2016 audit.
- Approval of the Instructional Materials Allotment and TEKS Certification for 2016-2017.
- Certifying Superintendent for Regional Advisory Committee for Region 7
- Addition of Scoreboard Upgrade at Kirk Gym from donors.
- Policy Update 104
- The Board will enter Close Session to consider personnel and staffing, evaluations of teachers, counselors, librarians, nurses, assistant principals, technology integration specialists, and student transfers. Any action taken on closed session items will be done in open session.
I hope everyone has a great week!