Last night, the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held a public hearing on the 2016-2017 budget and tax rate. During the hearing, the Board examined information and data that was used to establish an estimate of state funding and local funding. The Board also examined information pertaining to the proposed tax rates and tax values of the district.
Since this was a hearing, no action was taken.
At 7:00 PM, the Board began its regular monthly meeting. During the meeting, the board took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the 2016-2017 budget as presented.
- Approved the 2016-2017 M & O tax rate of $1.04 and the I & S tax rate of $0.19 for an overall tax rate of $1.23 for 2016-2017.
- Approved a request for an adjustment to the district’s compressed tax rate for 2016-2017.
- Approved the purchase of a used bus, if needed, of up to $55,000.
- Approved a list of T-TESS appraisers as presented.
- Approved the attendance committees as presented.
- Approved Local Policy Update 105.
- Approved the employment of the following personnel: Danny Richardson as night custodian, Linda Russell as Middle School cook, Evelyn Gordon as Primary School cook, Maria Sanchez as Primary School cook, Emily Morton as Primary School cook, and David Page as Intermediate School aide pending completion of all paperwork and submission of all required credentials.
- Approved the list of substitute employees as presented.
- Approved the list of student transfers as presented.