Last night, the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held the annual Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) hearing. The hearing started at 6:55 and was held in the High School library. The board reviewed the FIRST report as prepared by the Texas Education Agency. Out of 100 possible points, EISD had a perfect score of 100. This score provided a rating of Superior for the district. This score is a reflection of hard work and dedication from our business office (Carol Warren, Debra Meyners, and Kara Weaver), our PEIMS Coordinator (Karen Thompson), and the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees. I thank everyone involved for contributing to this perfect score.
Following the FIRST hearing, the Board held their regular monthly meeting. The meeting started at 7:00. During the meeting, the Board took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes from previous meetings
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Changed the November board meeting from Monday, November 21 to Monday, November 14.
- Approved the purchase of additional technology equipment.
- Approved paying for the cost of a charter bus for the state cross country meet.
- Approved a plan submitted for the buy back of state leave days for retiring personnel.
- Approved the resignation of Tessa Shutak
- Approved the employment of Jennifer Wilson, cook at HS cafeteria; Judy Briggs, Primary aide; and, Jessica Ashton, Intermediate aide.
- Approved updates to the Sub List.
- Approved student transfers as presented.