February 10, 2017– The Henderson County Black History Scholarship application is now available for graduating seniors to apply. Application rules are:
- Applicants must write an essay entitled “ The Crisis in Black Education” , with a sub theme of “Is Your Education Complete?”
- Applicants must submit a photo
- Applicants must not have been arrested or convicted of a felony
- Applicants must have a GPA between 70-90.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation, one from a teacher and an additional character reference.
- Recipients of the scholarship must agree to attend the Parent/Student meeting and the Black History Banquet, which will be held at the Malakoff Community Center on February 25 at 7 pm.
- Recipients must also agree to sell 5 banquet tickets.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants do not have to be African-American to apply for this scholarship. Applications are available in the counselor’s office.
March 17, 2017– The Rotary Club of Cedar Creek Lake is once again offering scholarships to area graduating seniors who:
- Are a member of a club or organization that participates in community service or have completed some type of community service personally
- Have a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor or principal
- Have a letter of recommendation from a member of the community who is not related
- Have an overall GPA of 75 or higher
Students must also submit a photograph and a copy of their most recent transcript.
Applications are available in the counselor’s office.
March 31, 2017– The Cedar Creek Lake Kiwanis Club is offering two scholarships to graduating seniors. One is for students who will major in any discipline, and the other one (Kimberly LaCour Memorial Scholarship) is for students who plan to seek a degree in nursing. The applications are available in the counselor’s office. PLEASE NOTE: Students must type forms or fill out on computer. Handwritten forms will not be considered.
April 1, 2017-The Knights of Columbus of Gun Barrel City are offering a scholarship to graduating seniors who:
- Have a minimum 2.75 GPA
- Can provide proof of school attendance for the past two years
- Can document active participation in extra-curricular activities in church, school and community
- Proof of participation in religious programs provided by your church
- Document acceptance into college, university, seminary or convent
- Provide a written statement as to why you should receive this grant
Applications are available in the counselor’s office