Last night the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the High School library.
The first order of business was presenting Board Commendations to the Varsity Girls Cross Country Team, the Varsity Boys Cross Country Team, and to the 3A Girls State Cross Country Champion, Chanda Westbrook. There are pictures at the end of this post of the runners receiving their recognitions.
During the course of the meeting, the Board took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the Final Proposed District of Innovation Plan.
- Approved the 2017-2018 School Calendar as presented.
- Approved the proposal from Ideal Impact.
- Approved paying the invoice from CDW-G.
- Approved a contract with Architect and Engineer Firm, Goodwin-Lasiter for improvements to the stadium press box.
- Received Update 107. This was the first reading for this Update. No action was taken.
- Accepted resignations from Kathryn Clardy, Intermediate teacher and Janice Beasley, Assistant Superintendent.
- Approved the employment of Dennie Stewart as a cook at the Middle School cafeteria and Allen Brier as a full-time bus driver.
- Approved contract extensions for the following personnel: Chris Whorton, HS Principal, Truman Oakley, Middle School Principal, Robert Reeve, Intermediate Principal, Shelby Adams, Primary School Principal, Stan Sowers, Assistant Superintendent, and Kathryn Hendrickson, Special Programs Director.
- Approved additions to the substitute list as amended.
- Approved student transfers as presented.