Camp L.E.A.D., Texas Tech University’s leadership education and development program, takes place August 1-4, 2017. During this program, students will participate in activities ranging from individualized leadership sessions to group challenges and team-building activities. Students will also have an opportunity to explore Texas Tech through an official campus tour and in-depth sessions with their intended field of study.
Transportation, housing and curriculum materials are provided at no cost to students admitted into the program.
Admission to Camp L.E.A.D. is highly selective. Students should apply and submit documentation regarding their leadership abilities no later than the given deadline. To be considered, students must meet the following requirements:
- Grade Level: must be an incoming high school senior in the Fall of 2017.
- Academic Performance: student’s high school counselor must submit a form regarding their academic performance. Students are also asked to self-report their ACT/SAT scores.
- Community Involvement: must be an active member of your community and involved in extracurricular activities.
- Leadership: must have a proven desire to be a leader.
LEARN MORE HERE( http://www.ttu.edu/camplead/Apply.php_)
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2017. Please direct any questions about Camp L.E.A.D. to 806.742.1299 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earning high grades and performing well on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is only a part of what will allow a student to become a successful applicant for Medical School. In the competitive environment of the medical school application process, becoming that exceptional applicant also requires professional experience, effective leadership and demonstrated service. Thus, the summer Pre Med camp cosponsored by SFA and JAMP 2017, is meant to be a week of total immersion in and an introduction to what we refer to as the Pre Med “Lifestyle”. This “head-start” will give camp attendees the opportunity to preview the course requirements, the time constraints and the journey toward excellence that Pre Med students encounter on the very first day of their freshman year.
FREE Pre Med camp. Housing, meals, books and supplies are provided to the student.
- academic reviews in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
- insights into medical school and the medical profession from talks with current medical students and medical school administrators
- exposure to the medical profession by spending time in local clinics/hospitals and interacting with the doctors and staff in these facilities
- sharing in the joy of helping others by cooperative service within the community experience a week of “college life” and enjoy the facilities at Stephen F. Austin State University.
While this camp is open to all outstanding rising seniors (students beginning their senior year of high school in the Fall of 2017) in the state of Texas, preference will be given to those whose family has a financial need and would be excellent future candidates for the Joint Admissions Medical Program (JAMP) during their college years.
Application for the summer 2017 camp is now available at http://www.sfasu.edu/prehealth/. Click on Summer Pre-Med Program on the left. Application Deadline is April 1, 2017, or until all slots are filled.
Eustace High School
Continue reading “Summer Leadership Camp; Summer Pre-Med Camp”