April 17, 2017– The Cedar Creek Lake Parrot Head Scholarship application is now available to graduating seniors who have given back to their community in the last two years. Up to six students will be awarded a scholarship of $1,500 to use towards tuition and books at an accredited college. The application is available in the counselor’s office.
April 19, 2017– The First State Bank Mary Helen Myrick scholarship is now available for application. Graduating seniors are eligible to apply if their families have a moderate to low income and are planning to attend a college or technical school. Students will need to provide income tax information. Applications are available in the counselor’s office.
Congratulations to Raini Goodell on placing 4th at the State Powerlifting Meet!! Congratulations also go out to the varsity softball team on their 7-3 district win over Quitman and to the varsity baseball team on their 14-4 win over Fairfield.
Congratulations also go out to Zane Arambula on being accepted to Texas Tech University, Zala Neeper on being accepted to Texas A & M San Antonio, Breanna Reagan and William Sarsfield on being accepted to Mid-Western University, and to Stone Wadsworth and Matthew Melton on their enlistment in the United States Air Force.
Monday – Middle School Track at Kemp; Board Meeting – 7:00 – HS Library
Tuesday – Kindergarten Family Reading Night; District Softball at Alba-Golden – 6:00; JV and V Baseball v. Troup – 4:30
Wednesday – Middle School Track Pictures
Thursday – Kemp High School Track Meet; JV Baseball Tournament at Edgewood
Friday – JV & V District Baseball v. Mineola – 4:30; JV Baseball Tournament at Edgewood
Saturday – JV Baseball Tournament at Edgewood
Board Meeting Tonight
The Eustace ISD Board of Trustees will hold their regular monthly meeting tonight at 7:00 PM. The meeting will be held in the High School library.
The Board will hear the following reports:
- Cancellation of Region 7 Board of Directors Meeting
- Update on Enrollment and Attendance
The Board may take action on the following agenda items:
- Minutes from previous meetings.
- Financial report.
- Certification and Dual Credit Courses
- Stadium Press Box Improvements
- Certification of Unopposed Candidates for School Board
- Order of Cancellation for School Board Election
- Audit Agreement with Smith, Lambright & Associates for 2016-2017 School Year.
- Proposal from Ideal Impact for Energy Management
- Proposal from Germ Blast
- Certifying Superintendent for Regional Advisory Committee for Region 7
- Nominations to the VCAD Board of Directors
- Instructional Materials Allotment and TEKS Certification 2017-2018
- Policy Update 107
The Board will enter closed session to consider personnel issues, review evaluations, and student transfers. Any action taken on a closed session item will be made in open session.
I hope everyone has a great week!