Today marks the start of the 2017-2018 school year. I want to take this opportunity to welcome the students and the parents to this new school year. We are starting several new programs this school year. Some of these programs include:
- GermBlast – We have contracted with the GermBlast company to provide three treatments throughout the school year that are intended to provide additional protection against germs that may cause illness. The first treatment has already been done. Everything from school desks, chairs, tables, athletic equipment, and school buses were treated. The next treatment will be in October or November, with a final treatment in March or April.
- Learning.com – This program will be provided to all students in grades K-8. The program is designed to introduce students to the process of programming.
- MAP – This program is taking the place of the Renaissance STAR (not to be confused with the state assessment STAAR) testing program. MAP is designed to provide teachers, students, and parents with a better understanding of the areas in which students need additional assistance.
- The district has also added 880 Chromebooks and 41 new computer carts. The goal is to have a computer cart with enough Chromebooks for every classroom in the district.
- To accommodate the new Chromebooks, the district has increased its Internet capacity from 200mbps to 500mbps.
- Also, in light of the additional Chromebooks, the district has added an additional Technology Integration Specialist. Each campus will now have there own full time TIS.
- There will be a new robotics program at the High School.
In addition to the new programs, EISD will be continuing other programs:
- Students in grades PK-8 will continue to eat breakfast and lunch at no cost.
- The welding certification program is in its second year. Many new pieces of equipment were added by way of the JET grant the district received this past year.
- The district will continue to pay for the cost of dual credit classes at the High School. This will include any required textbooks. The district will also pay for the cost of TSI test for students to qualify for the dual credit program.
Throughout the year, these programs will be discussed in more detail. If you have any questions about the programs provided at EISD, or have a suggestion about a program you would like to see at EISD, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, welcome to the 2017-2018 school year!
Wednesday – First Day of Classes; Start of the 1st 6 Weeks
Thursday – Eustace Varsity Volleyball Tournament – Lady Bulldogs will play at 2:00, 5:00, and 7:00 today.
Friday – Eustace Varsity Volleyball Tournament; High School football scrimmage at Quinlan – 6:00
Saturday – JV & V Cross Country at Mansfield; Eustace Varsity Volleyball Tournament
I hope everyone has a great week!