May 1, 2018-The Break the Cycle Scholarship was created to inspire our future generation to complete their college education with the goal to support students with a desire to break the cycle of generational incarceration through education. This $250 scholarship is available to graduating seniors who meet the following criteria:
- Live in Henderson County
- family has a low income
- first one in the family to attend college
- one or both parents incarcerated
- previously or currently in foster care system or placed with a relative by CPS
- A two page essay is also required.
Applications are available in the counselor’s office.
May 22, 2018– The B. Davis Scholarship, a $1,000 award, is available all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post-secondary institution.
- Be sure to include your name and the school you are attending this year and next
- This is not an academic scholarship but we would like to know where you are going to school now and what your future academic plans are.
Please do not send transcripts or letters of recommendation at this time.
|To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay of less than 1000 words on the topic below. Your submissions must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org