January 19, 2018– The Texas Society of Professional Engineers (TSPE) and the Texas Engineering Foundation (TEF) will award approximately $100,000 in scholarships to engineering students attending an ABET- accredited university. To be eligible to apply, a student must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a high school senior with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and planning to enter college in the fall of 2018
- Enroll at an accredited ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited engineering program
Applications and a list of ABET accredited schools are available in the counselor’s office.
February 12, 2018- The Pinnacle Women’s Club will be offering five college scholarships in the amount of $1,500 for the 2018-19 academic year. To be eligible, applicants must be:
- A graduating senior with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.5
- Involved in school/community activities
Applications are available in the counselor’s office.
February 23, 2018– The Kiwanis Club of Cedar Creek lake is accepting applications for the Walter Hurst Sophomore of the Year $600 scholarship. The Kiwanis Club Scholarship Committee will select one applicant to represent their club and that applicant will move on to the District Scholarship Committee and one scholarship will be awarded by the District. The Scholarship will be announced in August. Applications are also available in the counselor’s office.
Students who intend to take a dual credit class through TVCC have until Friday, December 15, to get their concurrent forms signed and turned in to counselor’s office.
After that, students will have to go through the registration process at TVCC on their own. Please refer to the email and blog post sent out November 1, 2017.