April 13, 2018– The Sons of the American Legion, Squadron 310, is offering their annual scholarship for graduating seniors planning to further their education in the fall of 2018. Applications are available in the counselor’s office.
July 31, 2018- UEW Healthcare is pleased to offer the UEW Healthcare EEOICPA Scholarship. The Scholarship is open nationwide to those who will be attending college fall semester of 2018. Special consideration will be given to an undergraduate who is interested in pursuing a career in Home Healthcare and knows someone that worked in the nuclear industry and was subsequently approved for benefits under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program (EEOICPA), but anyone meeting the requirements & can demonstrate an interested in pursuing a career in Healthcare will be considered. This Award will be presented to current college students, but high school seniors who will be attending school in the fall semester of 2018 are also welcome to apply. Eligibility requirements are:
- This scholarship is judged & awarded primarily on merit & need.
- Completed application must be submitted online by July 31, 2018. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applicant must plan to attend college by fall semester 2018.
- Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- A transcript must be attached to application for consideration.
- Applicant must submit an un-opened copy of official transcripts if selected as a finalist.
- This scholarship is a one-time award worth $1000 to be awarded the fall semester of 2018.
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application.
- Applicant will be required to demonstrate both their merit and their need for this scholarship
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who have been affected by EEOICPA and/or have had a loved one who was negatively impacted as a US energy worker.
To apply, visit https://www.uewhealth.com/eeoicpa-reca/#scholarship-application
The TSI will be given again at Eustace High School on Thursday, March 22, 2018. The TSI must be taken in order to become eligible to take dual credit classes through TVCC. Students may test for free the first two times- after that the $30 fee must be paid prior to testing. Students may sign up until, March 19, 2018 ( the day we get back from Spring Break).