by Coy Holcombe.
Congratulations to the following track athletes on qualifying for the regional meet:
Jessica McConathy, Chelsea Truitt, Jenny McConathy, Cassie Freeman, Katania Grant, Felischa Baczkiewicz, Hallie Mathis, Allison Cass, Jacqulyn Bless, Janice Martin, Tori Bynum, Mallory Mobly, Ammalie Arambula
Marcus Emmons, Zach Keeling, Zach Arambula, Johnny Lee, Trevan Johnson, Caleb Bailey, Cord Bailey, Joseph Bradburn
These athletes will be competing at the regional qualifiers meet in Eustace on Thursday.
The EISD Board of Trustees will meet tonight at 7:00 PM in the High School Library. The public is encouraged to attend. Some of the agenda items for tonight’s meeting include:
- Update on immunization requirements
- PaySchools Report for March
- Update on Federal Stimulus Funds
- Preliminary TAKS scores
- Update on construction expenses
- Update on Henderson County Appraisal District budget
- Report on Miles for Smiles
- Report on All-District Soccer
- Consider transfer request
- Accept certification of unopposed candidates for school board election
- Order of cancellation for school board election
- Consider approving Texas Power Consultants to obtain bids on energy costs and contract lengths for the district
- Consider purchase of Acer mini-laptop computers
- Consider the following equipment for new gym
- portable stage
- weight room equipment
- floor covering for gym floor
- Consider nominees for executive committee and certify superintendent as representative to regional advisory committee for ESC 7
- Consider revisions to policy DEC (Local)
- Update on enrollment
The board will also meet in closed session to accept resignations, employ personnel, update the list of substitutes, and to review evaluations for auxiliary directors and paraprofessional employees.
Any action on items discussed in closed session will take place in an open session.