by Coy Holcombe.
Last night the EISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. The following actions were taken:
- Approved the minutes from previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Heard various reports ( please see yesterday’s blog for a detail of the reports)
- Approved a transfer request for the 09-10 school year.
- Accepted the certification of Unopposed Candidates for the May school board election and issued an order canceling the election.
- Approved contracting with Texas Power Consultants to secure energy proposals for the district.
- Approve the purchase of 50 Acer mini-laptops for student use.
- Approved the purchase of a portable stage, weight room equipment and floor covering for the new gym.
- Nominated Elton Caldwell to serve as on the Region 7 Executive Committee
- Heard the first reading of revisions to DEC (Local) affecting leaves and absences of employees.
- Heard an update on enrollment.
- Accepted one resignation
- Employed Tonya Richardson as a teacher at the Intermediate School and employed Jeremy Taylor as a teacher/coach at the High School.
- Approved the substitute list as presented.
- Approved the hiring of auxiliary directors and paraprofessional employees as amended
- Adjourned at 10:35 PM
Tomorrow, we will look at the attendance numbers through the end of the fifth six weeks. Friday, we will look at how these numbers are affecting our state funding.
Below is a picture of the seating in the new gym as it is being installed. This view is from the home side looking towards the visitors’ side.